POINTS TO NOTE
- Details on visa applications, including downloading of application forms, visa fees, jurisdiction, etc. are available at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk.
- Visa services have been outsourced to VFS. Procedure for submitting applications may be checked at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk
- Applicants are advised not to finalize their tickets before obtaining appropriate visa . The processing time for visa in normal cases is 3-4 working days subject to applications being complete in all respects. It may take longer to issue visas in some cases. (For details please refer to 'processing time for different categories of visas at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk. Applicants will be liable for any loss of ticket or hotel booking made in anticipation of obtaining a Visa.
- Validity of visa starts from the date of issue and not from the date of travel.
- For nationals of Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran, there should be a gap of 2 months from the date of last exit from India. For applicants not holding passports of above mentioned countries, there is no such restriction on visits on a tourist visa.
- If the visit is planned for more than 180 days, registration with the local FRRO/FRO would be required within 14 days of arrival in India.
- However, those applying for Tourist Visas, who after initial entry into India plan to visit another country and re-enter India before finally exiting, could be permitted more than one entry, as the case maybe, subject to their submission of a detailed itinerary and supporting documents i.e. confirmed Air tickets at the Consulate-General of India, Birmingham.
- Applicants are advised to verify their particulars on the Visa at the time of collection of their passports.
- Diplomatic/Official/UN passport holders may submit their applications to the Consulate General in Birmingham directly.
- All postal applications, irrespective of jurisdiction, are to be sent at the following address. Please check details at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk before posting the visa application. Such applications will take a minimum of 10 working days. This is excluding the period applications have been in the post. India Visa Application Center,1-3, Canalside, Uxbridge Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0JN
- The Consulate General of India, Birmingham serves 23 Counties:
(1) Birmingham, (2) Cheshire, (3) Cleveland, (4) Cumbria, (5) Derbyshire, (6) Durham, (7) Humberside, (8) Isle of Man, (9) Isle of Sicilly, (10) Lancashire, (11) Leicestershire, (12) Lincolnshire, (13) Manchester, (14) Merseyside, (15) Midlands (West), (16) Northumberland, (17) Nottinghamshire, (18) Shropshire,
(19) Staffordshire, (20) Tyne & Wear, (21) Warwickshire, (22) Yorkshire (North), (23) Yorkshire (South), and (24) Yorkshire (West). (For jurisdiction please also refer to VFS web-site http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk)
As a major step towards upgrading Visa services, collection of visa applications and their delivery has been outsourced to VF Services (UK) Limited (VFS). The firm has considerable experience in handling visa applications. At present it is handling visa applications for more than 21 countries which include the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Thailand and Schengen nations. It has a modern IT driven on-line application and tracking system and provides value-added services. All visa applications under the jurisdiction of Consulate General of India, Birmingham are accepted through VF Services (UK) Ltd.
The applications may be submitted at one of the following address:
India Visa Application Centre
4 Vicarage Court
India Visa Application Centre
VF Services (UK) Ltd.
18-22 Mosley Street,
Manchester M2 3AG
The Visa Application Centre provides following services:-
- Online application/payment module
- Postal applications
- Flexible mode of payments – cash, credit and debit cards, and postal orders (Bank/Agency charges wherever applicable)
- Online tracking system to know status of visa-applications
- Telephonic and e-mail enquiry system
- Dedicated counters for registered travel agents, individual logins and passwords
The VF Services (UK) Ltd. has been authorized to charge a service fee of GB Pounds 06.90 plus prevailing VAT charges @15% per application over and above the normal visa fee of the Consulate. Postal/Bank/agency charges, wherever applicable, will be additional, to be borne by the applicant.
Visa applications can be submitted at the Visa Application Centre between 0830 hrs. And 1430 hrs. Timing for collection of documents is between 1500 hrs. and 1630 hrs. on all working days (Monday to Friday).
1. URGENT BUSINESS VISA
Urgent Business Visa under ‘Fast Track System’ to business travellers and business houses to enable them to travel to India at a short notice with effect from 15th March, 2010. Urgent Business Visa is strictly given to those who are doing business in India such as making sales or establishing contacts on behalf of a company outside of India or going for urgent business meetings. Applications would be accepted on all working days (except Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from 0830 to 1100 hours only at the following India Visa Application Centre (IVAC) i.e. VF Services UK Ltd. No. 20-21 Pemberton Street, Birmingham, B18 6NY. Documents required may be accessed at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk.
Urgent Business Visa is issued on the same day but not before 1700 hours. Fee, including VFS Service charges+ VAT for urgent Business visa is £209.38. [This includes £105 normal Business Visa fee + £133 urgent processing fee + £25 VFS Service charges + £4.38 VAT on VFS service charges]
NOTE 1: In respect of Non-UK residents for less than 2 years and Pakistani nationals/Pakistani origin applicants, a reference is required to be made to concerned authorities. Therefore, the facility of same day Urgent Visa is not available to them. They may apply in normal course.
NOTE 2: Suppression of facts and information will not only result in denial of visa applied for but will also debar the applicant from applying under this system in future. Decision of the Visa Officer in the matter shall be final. Visa fee once tendered is not refundable.”
back to top
2. EMERGENCY VISA SERVICE
“Emergency Visa is issued only in cases of genuine emergency like death or serious illness of immediate family member (blood relation) subject to production of documentary evidence like death certificate/Hospital certificate duly signed and stamped.
Nationals of Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sir Lanka, Iran and Iraq are not eligible to apply for Emergency Visa.
Applications and following documents can be submitted on all working days from 0930 to 1830 hours at the Consulate General of India, 20, Augusta Street, Jewellery Quarters, Hockley, Birmingham B18 6JL. Please call at 0121-212-3217 on Saturday, Sundays and public holidays to fix appointment and submit applications.
Online application may be accessed at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/indianVisaReg.jsp
For declaration forms go to http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Declaration.pdf
Documents required: 1) Passport with minimum validity of 6 months 2) Two photos (50x50 mm)
3) Fill up the online application form and bring hard-copy of your application. Please make sure that applicant has signed (at two required places, one below the photo and one at the end of the form). Either parent may append signature in case of minor child(ren) 4) In case of child applicant, both parents should sign and attach a “Consent Letter”. Please click here for consent letter. 5) Copy of documentary evidence like Death certificate/ Hospital certificate duly signed and stamped 6) Fee for this service is £107.00. Only cash is accepted at the counter, so please tender exact change.
* Photo kiosk £ 7.00 for photos and photocopy for 10 pence per page is available at the Consulate-General as well.
Note: Suppression of factual information or providing false information could result in refusal of visa at all. The decision of the Visa Officer in this matter shall be final.
back to top
3. TOURIST VISA-ON-ARRIVAL
For the citizens of 11 countries viz. Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Cambodia (Kampuchea), Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Indonesia, Myanmar and Singapore, in order to facilitate bonafide tourists who plan their tours at a short notice, the Government of India has introduced “Tourist Visa-on-Arrival” for a period of one year. Citizens of these eleven countries can get “Tourist Visa-on-Arrival” with a maximum validity of 30 days with Single Entry facility from the Immigration Officer at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata only. The “Tourist Visa-on-Arrival” can neither be extended nor converted to any other kind of visa during his/her stay in India except in certain exceptional circumstances. A “Tourist Visa-on-Arrival” shall be granted to citizens of countries above mentioned:
- Whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives etc. and no other purpose/activity;
- Who does not have a residence or occupation in India;
- Who holds a passport with minimum six months validity, and a re-entry permit if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant;
- Who is a person of assured financial standing (the production of a return ticket and availability of sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India may be considered sufficient for this purpose).
- Who is not a person-non-grata to the Government of India;
- Who is not considered an undesirable person and is not the subject of black list or any warning circular or other restrictive list;
- With effect from 15th August, 2013, T-VoA may also be obtained from airports at Trivendrum, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kochi;
- This facility shall not be available to the citizens of above-named countries if the person or either of his/her parents or grandparents (paternal or maternal) was born in, and was permanently resident in Pakistan. Such persons can visit India after obtaining appropriate visa from the Indian Mission/Post concerned.
Fee for Tourist Visa-on-Arrival
A fee of US$60/- or an equivalent amount in Indian rupees per passenger (including children) will be charged from each foreigner for the grant of Tourist Visa-on-Arrival.
back to top
4. VISA APPLICATIONS OF PERSONS OF PAKISTANI ORIGIN
With effect from January 1, 2010, visa applications of British Passport holders of Pakistani origin and Pakistani nationals has to be submitted at the Indian Visa Application Centre (IVAC), Birmingham, according to their residences falling under its jurisdiction. For jurisdiction please refer to VFS web-site http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk.
All applicants of Pakistani origin who hold dual nationality must apply for an Indian Visa on their Pakistani passport. Those who have either renounced Pakistani nationality or cancelled their Pakistani passport would need to submit documentary proof in this regard.
Processing time of applications will be 8-10 weeks or more.
Processing time for applications from Pakistani nationals/those holding dual nationality will be substantially longer.
Fees details for all types of visa is available at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk.